The Mancos Public Library (MPL) offers numerous tax supported programs to the community throughout the year in order to:
- Provide programs for all ages and interests;
- Foster an interest in and enjoyment of reading and lifelong learning;
- Enhance patrons lives;
- Help build communities with shared interests;
- Encourage and stimulate the use of the library and its resources;
- Facilitate partnerships with both groups and individuals.
Library sponsorship of a program does not constitute an endorsement of the content of the program or the views expressed by participants. Program topics, speakers and resources are not excluded from programs because of possible controversy.
Concerns, questions, or complaints about library-initiated programs should be referred to the Library Director. Requests for review of programs will be considered in the same manner as requests for reconsideration of library materials as outlined in MPL’s Collection Development Policy.
The Library Director delegates the selection, implementation and cancellation of programs to designated staff. Programming staff will coordinate programs, generally, in the Town of Mancos. These programs will include, but are not limited to:
- Reading programs
- Special events
- Outreach projects
- Programs are tax supported and open to the public.
- Occasionally fees may be charged as determined by the Library Director.
- Programs may be canceled for a number of reasons. Canceled programs are not automatically rescheduled.
Registration and Participation
- Registration may be required for planning purposes or when space is limited.
- Programs may be restricted by age.
- Groups may not attend a program without prior consent by the programming staff. See “Groups and School Visits” below for more information.
- Programs for young children (up to age six) must have at least one adult present and that adult may be responsible for no more than four children during the event.
- All children or adults that attend programs at MPL are required to follow the “Library Code of Conduct”.
- Any sales of products or services at MPL programs must be approved by the Library Director.
- Presenters who wish to publicize their programs must have the approval of the Library Director.
- Presenters must fill out, sign and return all MPL Forms and Contract Letters.
Group and School Visits
- A “group” is any organized group of four or more people. A group of 25 or more must register as more than one group.
- Tours or class visits of five or more students must include a minimum of one adult for every 18 students. (library staff will not be included in this ratio). Library staff may request additional adult supervision based upon the nature of the group or activity.
- Story times and Summer Reading Programs are designed for individual families and cannot accommodate organized groups or daycare groups.
- MPL may not be able to accommodate groups that come to the library without prior registration.
- For information on arranging a group or class visit to the library contact the Youth Services Department at 533-7600.