3-Year Strategic Plan
The Board of Trustees of the Mancos Public Library has adopted the following 3-year goals to help guide long range planning of library materials, programs and services. Defined objectives are intended to be met within the following year, the plan will be evaluated quarterly by the Strategic Plan Task Force and prioritized objectives will be added.
The Mancos Public Library strives to be a comfortable and inclusive piece of the heart and soul of the Mancos Valley by fostering intellectual freedom; encouraging life-long learning; providing the resources for self improvement and community building to all members of the community; and supporting and showcasing the arts.
Goal 1: Be the community gathering place to learn, engage, and connect
- Objective 1. Develop a Master Programming Plan
- Objective 2. Develop program package to guide in planning and implementing programs.
Goal 2: Be the place to access new and emerging technologies
- Objective 1. Maintain and upgrade current technology to increase organizational capacity
- Objective 2. Establish Technology Plan for the Public
Goal 3: Enhance community awareness of library programs, services and materials
- Objective 1. Develop Marketing Plan to guide promotion of library materials, programs & services.
- Objective 2. Create partnership plan to solicit and engage potential partners and address partnership proposals.
- Objective 3. Increase Public Relations efforts to maximize library support and awareness.
Goal 4: Secure financial stability
- Objective 1: Explore opportunities to restructure and workout debt.
- Objective 2: Create plan to outreach to major donors for large pledges to defray debt.
- Objective 3: Build relationships/work with other development, fundraising professionals.
- Objective 4: Implement cuts to balance budget expenses with available resources if alternative options are exhausted.