Attention Students and Instructors:
We are happy to help you complete your test-taking requirements. Please verify that these conditions are acceptable to the institution giving the test so that the test taking experience will go smoothly.
- Mancos Public Library (MPL) will proctor either written or online exams.
- The student will schedule a date and time to take the exam. We are not able to offer walk-in proctoring.
- It will be the student’s responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the library and to determine when it has arrived.
- Tests can only be proctored during regular library hours.
- Before taking the exam, the student will be required to present a picture I.D.
- The test is administered by available staff at the circulation desk. Staff members will not monitor a student continuously during an exam, but may check on the student periodically. Students are on the honor system.
- Online testing is a special situation. MPL does not guarantee that testing software may be compatible with library computers, and software installation is not permitted. Library computers may not be reconfigured from their standard settings to accommodate online tests.
- If you are taking an online exam, you will be able to use a computer for the length of time stipulated in the exam.
- Once the test is finished, the MPL staff member will follow instructions provided by the instructor, including signing a proctoring verification form. Staff will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the staff has been able to do.
- Student is responsible for any charges incurred in returning the test to the institution.
- MPL will keep paper tests for 30 days from the date of receipt. If the test is not taken by that time, the test will be shredded.