The library grounds are an integral part of the library. As such, they are there for the benefit of the community. To optimize their use, the following guidelines are provided. The Mancos Public Library extends availability of the library grounds to 24 hours/day, 7 days/week for appropriate activities. Specifically, the use of the east porch area and parking lot for WIFI reception is welcomed.
It is unlawful for any person, corporation, association or organization using any Library facility or property to either perform, or allow to be performed, any of the following acts. Penalties will be assessed in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws.
- To willfully mark, deface, disfigure, displace or remove any building, bridge, table, bench, railing, pavement, fireplace, sign or any other appurtenance of any nature, whether real or personal.
- To cut, break, dig, pull up, destroy, or in any manner injure any tree, shrub, vine, flower, grass or plant, or to injury, destroy, capture or interfere with any birds, wildlife or game in or upon any public site.
- To glue, tack, paste, post, erect or cause to be erected, any sign, placard, advertisement or inscription of any nature unless specifically authorized to do so by special permit.
- To possess, carry or discharge any firearm, or throw or cast a stone or other missiles in or on any Library owned facilities unless the area is designated otherwise, or the missiles are customary in the playing of games, and to the extent that items are thrown as a customary part of the game.
- To throw, discharge or otherwise place or cause to be placed in any body of water, or within any tributary, stream storm sewer or drain flowing to such waters any substance, matter or thing, whether liquid or solid, which will, or may, result in the pollution of said waters.
- To bring in, dump, deposit or leave, any bottles, broken glass, ashes, paper, boxes, cans, dirt, rubbish, waste, refuse, or other trash, unless placed in a proper receptacle, where not provided to be carried away and properly disposed of elsewhere.
- To disturb the peace, use any profane or obscene language, or to endanger the safety of any person by any conduct or act, or to commit any assault, battery or engage in fighting.
- To allow any dog or pet to defecate in or on any Library property without immediate removal and disposal of such material by the owner or person having custody of such dog or pet.
- To bring any dangerous animal into any Library property, unless given special written permission for program purposes.
- To solicit, sell goods or transact any monetary transactions on library property without written consent from a Library representative and/or a special permit.
- To conduct political activity or religious ceremonies or services without written consent from a Library representative and/or a special permit.
- To kindle, use or maintain any open fire in, or upon, any Library facility other than at locations and in receptacles specifically designed for such purpose.