Library meeting rooms are designed and intended for use in support of library programs and services. The Mancos Public Library welcomes the use of its meeting rooms for educational, cultural, intellectual, and charitable activities. Meeting rooms are open on equal terms to all groups regardless of the beliefs and affiliations of their members, provided that the meetings are open to the public and run within the Colorado Open Meetings Law. Such groups may include local governments; schools; political parties; and religious, public service, non-profit, educational, charitable, and artistic organizations. Commercial use for the purpose of sales is not permitted. The Library reserves the right to refuse use of the meeting rooms at any time.
Permission to use and subsequent scheduling of meeting rooms does not constitute sponsorship or endorsement by the Library of the group’s policies, views or beliefs. Groups using library meeting rooms must not use advertising and publicity which imply that their programs are sponsored, co-sponsored or approved by the Library. Organizations may not use the Library’s name or address as their own address or headquarters’ location.
- Library sponsored events are given priority for use of the meeting rooms. Thereafter, rooms are reserved on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations can be made via the library’s website http://www.mancoslibrary.org or by picking up an application at the library. Applications are subject to approval.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved up to six months in advance.
- Requests for long-term regular use will be considered on an individual basis.
- Due to unanticipated changes in library programming from time to time, non-library programs/meetings may be cancelled up to a week before their scheduled activity.
- Large Meeting Room is available seven days a week, 7:30am – 9:30pm.
- Sustainability Meeting Room is available during library business hours.
- Equipment must be reserved in advance.
- Deposit is required for use of the equipment (see Meeting Room Procedure)
- Applicants are responsible for its condition and operation.
- Equipment for in-house use includes: projection screen, digital projector, VCR/DVD player, TV, Flip Video camera, desk top computer, and conference phone.
Food and Beverages
- Refreshments may be served.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited in library facilities.
Damages, Clean-up, and Liability
- The person or organization using a meeting room accepts full liability for any losses or damage that may occur to the facility or equipment.
- Meeting rooms must be left clean and in original condition (see Meeting Room Procedure).
- The Mancos Library District is not responsible for injuries or loss of property while using the meeting rooms.