The Mancos Public Library with the Dolores Mountain Quilters offers a FREE quilting workshop at the library. This will be a hand sewing project to make Yo-Yo’s, tiny circles of fabric, gathered at the edges and sewn together to create a three-dimensional effect. If possible, please bring fabric, needle, thread, thimble and scissors. Limited fabric and supplies are available. Teens are welcome, and children under 13 can join with an adult.
Thursday, May 14th @ 7 pm at Mancos Public Library
This is a FREE slideshow presentation and talk by Mancos resident Sherry Grazda. Sherry’s slides show the astonishing beauty of Nepal from a recent pre-earthquake trek. Learn how the area’s geography and geology contribute to the overwhelming devastation, impact on human lives, and challenge for relief efforts in the aftermath of April’s earthquake. Information about donating to the most effective and reliable organizations involved in the relief efforts will be provided.
Watch your child learn amazing words and discover how to build your child’s vocabulary every day!
A FREE program for children 4 and 5 years old and their parents. Parents are welcome to attend with or without their preschoolers!
Fun! Food! Free Books! Stories and activities!
Parent education! Great for kindergarten readiness!
If you are interested in learning more about this program or participating, please call Sherry at (970)769-3879 or the library (ask for Amy or Lee) at (970)533-7600.
Are you interested in learning to crochet or knit? Or are you looking for a more challenging or creative crochet or knitting project? Join skilled enthusiast, Kathy Graf, to start stitching. This group meets on Tuesdays at 6 p.m. at the library. Teens and adults are welcome, come to any or all of the sessions that you like. This is a free program. Limited supplies of crochet hooks, needles and yarn are available or please bring your own. To sign-up or for more information please call Kathy Graf at 970-565-7600 ext. 206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you shopping at Amazon.com for the holidays? Use this link for the AmazonSmile program http://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-1037150 and a portion of your purchase will be donated to Mancos Friends of the Library. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Mancos Friends of the Library every time you shop, at no extra cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Mancos Friends of the Library.
This login button will bring you to the library’s set of reliable, high quality resources for information on many topics including health, business, history, legal information, homework topics, auto and small engine repair.
To access the database you will need your patron id information. The patron id information is the 5 digit number on your library card preceded by this set of 9 numbers: 282040000*****. The *****’s will be replaced by your unique 5 digit patron bar-code number. For help or more information please call the library at 970.533.7600.
We’re looking for talented and conscientious volunteer board members to lead and support the Mancos Library District in the areas of strategic planning, policy administration, finance, public relations, outreach, and fundraising. If you can contribute your time, thoughtfulness, and leadership, and are interested in exploring this opportunity, call the Interim Director at 533-7600. Applications are available at the Mancos Public Library, 211 West First Street and will be accepted through August 1st, 2011. Applicants must live in the Mancos Library District.
Attention Students and Instructors:
We are happy to help you complete your test-taking requirements. Please verify that these conditions are acceptable to the institution giving the test so that the test taking experience will go smoothly.
- Mancos Public Library (MPL) will proctor either written or online exams.
- The student will schedule a date and time to take the exam. We are not able to offer walk-in proctoring.
- It will be the student’s responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the library and to determine when it has arrived.
- Tests can only be proctored during regular library hours.
- Before taking the exam, the student will be required to present a picture I.D.
- The test is administered by available staff at the circulation desk. Staff members will not monitor a student continuously during an exam, but may check on the student periodically. Students are on the honor system.
- Online testing is a special situation. MPL does not guarantee that testing software may be compatible with library computers, and software installation is not permitted. Library computers may not be reconfigured from their standard settings to accommodate online tests.
- If you are taking an online exam, you will be able to use a computer for the length of time stipulated in the exam.
- Once the test is finished, the MPL staff member will follow instructions provided by the instructor, including signing a proctoring verification form. Staff will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the staff has been able to do.
- Student is responsible for any charges incurred in returning the test to the institution.
- MPL will keep paper tests for 30 days from the date of receipt. If the test is not taken by that time, the test will be shredded.